v1.2.3 Baby steps
v1.2.2 Spring cleaning
- Add support for OTP code generation on Linux as requested in #327 #394 (Noettore)
- Revert scroll bar changes #393 (destanyol)
- Fix High Dpi Support. Works now under Windows and KDE/Plasma. #392 (hgraeber)
- Duplicate prefix in installation of tests directory in v1.2.2. #389
- Compilation error on FreeBSD member access into incomplete type #388
- No icons on macOS #377
v1.2.1 Bug fixes
- Clipboard clearing timer is not reset when new passwords are copied to the clipboard #309
- Removal of files outside of password-store #300 #363 (FiloSpaTeam)
- Lots of fixes and refactoring. #364 #376 #378 #381 #382 #384 #386 (FiloSpaTeam)
- Fix & make clearClipboard more robust #359 (lukedirtwalker)
- Multiple question marks while trying to delete password #385
- No button icons and text in "menu bar" #383
- Entire program is huge on High DPI screen on Linux #369
- Parallel make issue in qtpass-1.2.1: ld: cannot find -lqtpass #350
- No password entry prompt #343
- Can't install on OS X Sierra #337
- No icon on MacOS #333
- Font and spacing used for URL links on right in main window absurdly large #329
- QtPass don't display all lines with templates #273 #358 (lukedirtwalker)
- Update CONTRIBUTING.md #354 and add two entries in FAQ about the language #353 (5bentz)
- Fix nested template argument list compile error #346 (martinburchell)
- Honor PREFIX during tests install #345 (SpiderX)
The way QtPass prior to 1.2.1 generates passwords is insecure.
All passwords generated with QtPass's built-in password generator are possibly predictable and enumerable by hackers. The generator used libc's random(), seeded with srand(msecs), where msecs is not the msecs since 1970 (not that that'd be secure anyway), but rather the msecs since the last second.
This means there are only 1000 different sequences of generated passwords.
All passwords that have been generated with QtPass prior to 1.2.1 should be regenerated and changed.
v1.2.0 Has it been a year?
- Insecure password generation #338 #342
- Version 1.2.0 leaks passwords #334
- When importing settings from 1.1.5 or older clipboard settings revert to No Clipboard #232
- Add Catalan translation #336 (rbuj)
After almost a year of anticipation, finally a new QtPass release.
It's been a hectic year for me in particular with the SHA2017 Badge related madness and other projects. I am however planning on improving QtPass a lot more frequently the coming year.
But it's also been a hectic year for QtPass.
Some highlights from the changes.